We work with Australia’s leading businesses who trust our uncomplicated, relevant, expert advice. Because we are business people too.
Personal information we collect
When used in this policy, “personal information” has the meaning given to that term in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). We may collect the following types of personal information from you:
• residential or business address;
• email address;
• post code;
• age and date of birth;
• telephone number.
We may use temporary (session) cookies or permanent cookies when you access our web site. This allows us to recognise your browser and track the web pages you have visited.
You can switch off cookies by adjusting the settings on your web browser.
How we collect your personal information
Collection of your personal information can occur through the following interactions:
• when you communicate with us directly (by email, telephone, direct mail or any other means); and/or
• when you visit our website or register to receive notifications.
How we hold your personal information
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form.
If you provide information to us electronically we retain this information in our computer systems and databases.
If you provide information to us in hard copy (paper) this information is normally retained in our files and a copy is made to our electronic files.
We use industry standard security measures to safeguard and protect your information.
If we are unable to collect your personal information
If we are unable to collect your personal information, some or all of the following may
• we may be unable to provide services to you;
• we may be unable to communicate with you to provide information about services that you have procured from us, or may intend to procure in the future;
• we may be unable to tailor the content of our marketing communications to suit your preferences;
• your experience when interacting with us may be delayed or not as efficient as you may expect.
Purpose of collection of your personal information
We collect your personal information so that we can carry out the following actions (“Purpose”):
• to provide you with services and information that you have requested from us;
• to communicate with you, including about services and events which might interest you;
• to answer your questions and provide you with information or advice;
• to create accounts, tax invoices or receipts;
• provide your personal information to third parties that assist us in providing services you have requested;
• to consider and respond to complaints made by you;
• to comply with laws or regulations or to comply with any directions given by regulators or authorities.
Disclosure of your personal information
Your personal information may be disclosed in connection with any Purpose to any of the following:
• our employees, contractors or service providers, to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfil our obligations to you;
• our business advisors, including lawyers, accountants or other professional service providers, to the extent reasonably required;
• suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, payment processing, marketing and related purposes;
• if required by law, to any person authorised by such law.
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about services offered by us or our partners via email, SMS, or regular mail.
If you have indicated a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method wherever practical to do so.
You may opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time by responding via the channel in which you received the marketing communication, or by contacting us (see contact information below). You can unsubscribe from emails by clicking the unsubscribe link on the footer of the email communication you have received.
How you may access your information
You may access your personal information held by Hitch Advisory by making a request to us.
Mail: Privacy Officer Hitch Advisory
PO Box 1054 RANDWICK NSW 2031
Correction of your personal information
If you would like us to update or amend your personal information, please contact us and we will make the requested amendments.
We may ask you to verify your identity to ensure that personal information we hold is
not improperly accessed.
If you feel your privacy has been breached, please contact us using the contact information above setting out the circumstances and reasons for your complaint.
Overseas disclosure of personal information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties and service providers located overseas in connection with any purpose.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.