Hot on the tail of last year’s changes to the Franchising Code of Conduct aimed at improving transparency and protection to franchisees within the franchising industry, the Federal Government also passed the Treasury Laws Amendment (2021 Measures No.6) Bill 2021 which amongst other things results in significant increases in penalties for contraventions of the Franchising Code of Conduct.
- Rethinking Lease Incentives: Is It Time to Abandon Clawback Provisions for Alternative Approaches?
- Unfair Contract Terms: Time to update your Standard Form Contracts
- From Leakage to Liability – Navigating Employer Liability for Employees Drunken Behaviour
- Exercising Lease Options: Landlords and Tenants must exercise caution to ensure it is done correctly!
- Enhanced Transparency: New foreign ownership register, are you impacted?