With the rise of Uber and the sharing economy the status of workers has never been more relevant. We see a major push from businesses toward a flexible contractor based workforce. Whilst we share many of the commercial views that drive this push (e.g. flexible overheads, encouraging workforce participation and providing on-demand services), business owners must exercise caution not to incorrectly characterise a worker as a contractor when in fact they are an employee.
- Employment Law Update – What has changed, what will change and how does it affect your business?
- High Court makes preference claims harder for liquidators
- Tips for Prospective Franchisees
- AHPRA Code of Conduct Update – Important Changes for Pharmacists
- New ID requirements for entry into freshly modernised Director’s club