With the rise of Uber and the sharing economy the status of workers has never been more relevant. We see a major push from businesses toward a flexible contractor based workforce. Whilst we share many of the commercial views that drive this push (e.g. flexible overheads, encouraging workforce participation and providing on-demand services), business owners must exercise caution not to incorrectly characterise a worker as a contractor when in fact they are an employee.
- Rethinking Lease Incentives: Is It Time to Abandon Clawback Provisions for Alternative Approaches?
- Unfair Contract Terms: Time to update your Standard Form Contracts
- From Leakage to Liability – Navigating Employer Liability for Employees Drunken Behaviour
- Exercising Lease Options: Landlords and Tenants must exercise caution to ensure it is done correctly!
- Enhanced Transparency: New foreign ownership register, are you impacted?